Download, unpack and run GUI installer.
On your desktop computer perform the following steps:
- Download either the Windows, Linux or Mac zip file from installer location as shared separately.
- Mac - installer-osx64-<version>.zip
- Linux - installer-linux64-<version>.zip
- Windows - installer-win64-<version>.zip
- Unzip the file into a suitable location
- Start the cX app (Windows - cX.exe, Linux - cX, Mac - cX.app), a self-contained Chromium browser will start with the Terms of Service Agreement.
- Accept the agreement and next screen will give you the option to select Bare Metal or AWS EC2 instance.
Select 'Preconfigured Host'
- Provide the IP address for the location of the CX management server, user name and either ssh private key or password to access the server. The remote user should have sudo privileges on the intended management server without requiring a password. For private key, hit ‘CREATE PEM’ to create a temporary private key file that installer will use to communicate with the server.
- Press ‘TEST’ to test the connection to the management server. Once test succeeds, you will be able to continue with the rest of the installation process.
- When complete, the installer will post the location of the CX management server web address and open the default browser to the page.
- After this step, you can proceed with deploying an Elastic Cluster.